Welcome to New Members of the Vermont Bar
On March 31, the Supreme Court admitted sixteen lawyers to the Vermont Bar.
Before the ceremony, Mary Ashcroft, on behalf of the Vermont Volunteer Lawyers’ Project invited their participation as volunteer lawyers with the project.
Vermont Bar Foundation’s Carol Ode educated them about IOLTA accounts and the Vermont Bar Foundation IOLTA Honor Roll . All in attendance were pleased to learn that Honor Roll banks and credit unions pay generous interest rates on their IOLTA accounts.
The Vermont Bar Foundation, through a competitive and noncompetitive grant process, awards over $1Million each year to organizations such as Vermont Legal Aid, Vermont Law Line, the South Royalton Legal Clinic at Vermont Law School, the Rutland Pilot Project, Have Justice-Will Travel, and more.
After the ceremony, The Vermont Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section hosted a reception. Supreme Court Justices attended and spoke with the newly admitted attorneys, some of whom had been practicing for years in other jurisdictions. These attorneys were happy to have learned about the success of the Vermont Bar Foundation’s IOLTA Honor Roll and indicated their desire to work with Honor Roll institutions in the future.
A list of newly admitted attorneys and their affiliations follows:
- Jana M. Brown, Vermont Attorney General’s Office
- Megan L. Campbell
- William Tracy Carris, DeBonis & Wright, PC
- Teresa B. Clemmer, Vermont Law School ENRLC
- Meredith S. Crandall, Shlansky & Co., LLP
- Alicia A. Fabish, Downs Rachlin Martin, PLLC
- Joel B. Harris, Gravel and Shea
- Tammy S. Heffernan
- Holly K. Lemieux, Bloomberg & O’Hara, LLP
- Susan L. Marks, VT Dept of Education
- Amanda F. Mowler, Offce of the Defender General
- Thomas E. Plog
- Brock Rutter
- Benjamin P. Townsend, Kozak & Gayer, P.A.
- Micaela L. Tucker, VT Supreme Court
- William Travers Jerome
Please contact Carol Ode at with any questions.